About 1907 Name of hotel is changed from “Useppa Inn” to “Tarpon Inn.”
1911 Useppa Island is purchased by Barron Collier.
1914 Shells are brought from Captiva Island to build a road connecting the hotel, barn, and bungalows.
1915 Work begins on the golf course, June 15, 1915. More than 100 cords of oak wood are obtained from the clearing operations. Another shell road is built from the tennis courts to the south end of the island. Laundry and refrigeration plant are constructed.
1916 The nine-hole golf course opens for play. Fifteen to twenty tarpon fishing guides are employed by Useppa.
1917-1918 The hotel is enlarged and remodeled by Collier; a third floor is added, a colonial-style porch and entrance are built.